Sunday 26 September 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buland Al Haidary and Giuseppi Chiari.
The Temptress, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1926 ?
- Buland Al Haidary: Poet.
- Giuseppi Chiari: Composer.
- Imre Vincze: Composer.
- Julie London in Santa Rosa: California, USA; actress (Nurse McCall - Emergency).
- Louis Bancel: French sculptor.
- Philippe Heduy: French right-wing writer, author of the book "Algérie française 1942-1962" (1980) in which he argues that France should never have accorded independence to Algeria.
- Julie London: American breathy blues singer and actress. In the 1950s, London had a string of five albums and the hit single, "Cry Me a River." She had a minor film career including "On Stage Everybody," 1945 and "Task Force" in 1949.
- Manfred Mayrhofer: Austrian philologist and academic (d. 2011)
- Shortest double header, New York Yankees lose 6-1 in 72 minutes and lose again 6-2 in 55 minutes to the Saint Louis Browns. New York Yankees had already clinched pennant.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 September 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Jan Garber & His Orchestra
- Lost Your Head Blues - Bessie Smith
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?