Monday 30 April 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erni Krusten and David Manners.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1900 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Erni Krusten: Estonian author and poet (d. 1984).
- David Manners: Canadian-American actor and singer (d. 1998).
- John Luther: [Casey] Jones dies in Cannonball Express train wreck.
- 165 lb Robert Fitzsimmons KOs 305 lb Ed Dunkhost in a boxing match
- USA annexes Hawaii.
- Casey Jones dies in a train wreck in Vaughn, Mississippi, while trying to make up time on the Cannonball Express.
- Hawaii becomes a territory of the United States, with Sanford B. Dole as governor.
- Hawaii becomes an official U.S. territory.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?