Tuesday 30 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Cloutier and Burt Young.
I Was an Adventuress, directed by Gregory Ratoff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1940 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Guy Cloutier
- Burt Young: Movie Actor.
- Lewis MacKenzie: Canadian military forces officer, a Major General.
- Burt Young in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Convoy, Rocky).
- Jeroen Brouwers: Dutch journalist, translator and prophilic writer.
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Tex Carleton no-hits Cincinnati Reds, 3-0.