Thursday 19 April 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Arthur and Richard Hughes.
Clowns Spinning Hats, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Unleavened Bread by Robert Grant was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1900 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Richard Arthur: Warren Hughes English writer (Fiction as Truth).
- Richard Hughes: British writer of poems, short stories, novels and plays.
- Filippo Scelzo: Italy Actor.
- Roland Michener: Canadian lawyer and politician 20th Governor General of Canada (d. 1991).
- Highest scoring opening game, Philadelphia Phillies beat Braves 19-17 in 10.
- 4th Boston Marathon won by Jim Caffrey of Canada in 2:39:44.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Bird in a Gilded Cage - Jere Mahoney
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?