Wednesday 25 April 1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Pauli and Hubert Miles Gladwyn Jebb.
The Prince of Darkness, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1900 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Wolfgang Pauli: Austrian-born physicist and recipient of the 1945 Nobel Prize for Physics for his discovery in 1925 of the Pauli exclusion principle, which states that in an atom no two electrons can occupy the same quantum state simultaneously.
- Elizabeth Goudge: Writer.
- Hubert Miles Gladwyn Jebb: Diplomat.
- Lord Gladwyn: MP (Liberal).
- Wolfgang Ernst Pauli: Austrian-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1958).
- Gladwyn Jebb: English politician and diplomat Secretary-General of the United Nations (d. 1996).