Friday 6 April 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andres Sas and Max Jimenez.
Capture of Boer Battery by British, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1900 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Andres Sas: Composer.
- Max Jimenez: One of Costa Rica 's Important early writers.
- Leo Robin: American composer and songwriter (d. 1984).
- James J Jeffries knocks out Jack Finnegan in one for heavyweight boxing title.