Friday 30 May 1919
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rene Barrientos and Eric Lomax.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land by Ralph Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1919!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1919 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Rene Barrientos: President of Bolivia (d. 1969).
- Eric Lomax: Scottish writer, author of a highly acclaimed novel, "The Railway Man," noted as a harrowing tale.
- Joe McQueen: American jazz saxophonist.
- René Barrientos: Bolivian general and politician 55th President of Bolivia (d. 1969).
- By agreement with the United Kingdom, later confirmed by the League of Nations, Belgium is given the mandate over part of German East Africa (Ruanda-Urundi).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Calling Me Home to You - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?