Tuesday April 30, 1974US date format: 4/30/1974, UK date format: 30/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 30, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Darkins and Cedric Jones.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Times To Remember by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1974 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Chris Darkins: NFL running back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Cedric Jones: defensive end (New York Giants).
- Agnès Bihl: French pop singer, daughter of Luc Bihl, lawyer and social activist.
- Agnes Moorehead: American actress best known for her work in the 1960s American TV comedy series "Bewitched" in which she played the mother She established herself as an actress much earlier than that, having performed in vaudeville, radio and stage, making her first movie in 1941.
- President Nixon hands over partial transcripts of Watergate tape recordings
- US President Richard Nixon hands over partial transcripts of Watergate tape recordings.
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1974?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- The Main Ingredient - Just Don't Want To Be Lonely
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?