Tuesday April 23, 1974US date format: 4/23/1974, UK date format: 23/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Virginie Desarnauts and Barry Watson.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Secret Life Of Plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1974 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Virginie Desarnauts
- Barry Watson: American actor and director.
- Carlos Dengler: American bass player (Interpol).
- Raquel Garrido
- Michael Kerr: New Zealand-born German rugby player.
- Sam Madison: cornerback (Miami Dolphins).
- Joey Kent: Wide receiver (Tennessee Oilers).
- Chetan Bhagat: Author.
- Carl Barnett dies at age 59 of a heart attack while conducting Bach's Come, Sweet Death at the Will Rogers High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?