Sunday 21 April 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brice Hunter and Kitty Raymond.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Sanshiro Sugata, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Turquoise Mask by Phyllis A. Whitney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 21 April 1974 ?
- Rome - city birthday.
- Saint Wolbodo
- Saint Konrad von Parzham
- Saint Anastasius I
- Saint Anselm, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Texas-San Jacinto Day
- Grounation Day in Rastafari movement.
- Sunni Islam - Mawlid, Prophet Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Roman Empire - the Parilia was held in honor of Pales.
- Bah�'f Faith - First day of the festival of Ridv�n.
- Tiradentes - Brazil.
- Brice Hunter: wide receiver (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Kitty Raymond: American astrologer and writer, the author of "Confessions of a Second Generation .
- Maksim Gruznov: Estonian footballer.
- Orlando Jordan: American wrestler.
- Katsuyuki Konishi: Japanese voice actor.
- Charles ''Chic'' Harley: American football player (Born 1895).
- 3rd Colgate Dinah Shore Golf Championship won by Jo Ann Prentice
- 28th Tony Awards: River Niger and Raisin win.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?