Friday April 26, 1974US date format: 4/26/1974, UK date format: 26/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 26, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivana Milicevic and Greg Laswell.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Snare Of The Hunter by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1974 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Ivana Milicevic: Croatian-American actress.
- Greg Laswell
- Grant Achatz: Chef.
- Adil Ray: British radio presenter (BBC Asian Network).
- Shondrella Avery: American actress.
- Ivana Miličević: Bosnian-American actress.
- Yankees trade Peterson, Beene, Kline and Buskey to Indians for Chambliss, Tidrow and Upshaw
- Landslide in Huancavelica Province, Peru creates a natural dam.
- Malta adopts constitution.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?