Friday 30 August 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Williams and Theodore Williams.
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1918 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Ted Williams: American baseball player who played professional baseball from 1937, but had his career interrupted by five years of combat as a Marine pilot.
- Theodore Williams: San Diego sports Champions.
- Harold Atcherley: English businessman.
- Billy Johnson: American baseball player (d. 2006).
- Czechoslovakia forms independence Republic
- Lenin, new leader of Soviet Russia, shot andwounded after speech
- Fanya Kaplan, an assassin, shoots and seriously injures Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin. This, along with the assassination of Bolshevik senior official Moisei Uritsky days earlier, prompts the decree for Red Terror.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- American Fantasie - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?