Monday 30 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Horace Henderson .
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 July 1917 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Horace Henderson: American real estate executive, republican, married once, two children.
- Board of Commissioners of Cleveland Metroparks has its 1st meeting
- The Parliament of Finland is dissolved by the Russian Provisional Government. New elections are held in the autumn, resulting in a bourgeois majority.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lookout Mountain - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Prince's Orchestra
- Night Time in Little Italy - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?