Sunday 30 December 1928US date format: 12/30/1928, UK date format: 30/12/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 30, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Siné and Bo Diddley.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1928 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Siné : French cartoonist, his work has appeared in "Paris Match," "France Soir," and "France-Dimanche".
- Bo Diddley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2008).
- Alain Mottet
- Jack Lord in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Steve McGarrett - Hawaii 5-0, God's Little Acre).
- Jack Lord: Actor.
- Bertram Wainer: Australian doctor who successfully campaigned for legal access to abortion for women in the state of Victoria.
- Thomas Austin Preston: Jr in Johnson, Arkansas, USA; known as "Amarillo Slim", notable poker player, 1972 World Series of Poker Championships winner.
- Bo Diddley [Ellas Bates] in Mississippi: USA; rock 'n' roll pioneer (Bo Diddley).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- You're the Cream in My Coffee - Ted Weems & His Orchestra