Sunday 30 January 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 30, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zuzu Peterson .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Room by Emma Donoghue was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter: The Game or Spider-Man: Edge of Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 30 January 2011 ?
- Zuzu Peterson: American child of noted pastry chef and reality show contestant, Tania Peterson and Phil Peterson.
- John Barry: Irish soldier Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1901).
- Alpha Natural Resources buys out Massey Energy for $7.1billion, making Alpha the second largest U.S. coal mining company by market value. (Reuters)
- 2011 Egyptian protests:
- Demonstrations against the government, in which more than 150 people have been killed and over 4,000 injured, continue. (RIA Novosti)
- Egypt's information minister cancels licenses and accreditation of staff working for the Al Jazeera international news network. The network's Cairo bureau office is to be shut down by the Egyptian government. An Al Jazeera spokesman describes the move as ampquotan act designed to stifle and repress the freedom of reporting by the network and its journalistsampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- More than 10 people are killed in fresh clashes. (Sify)
- President Hosni Mubarak meets the military, holding talks with Vice President Omar Suleiman, Defence Minister Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, Chief of Staff Sami al-Anan and other senior commanders. (Reuters via ''The Irish Times'')
- Several prison breaks occur, including the escape of 5,000 from a jail in Faiyum Governorate, many including 34 members of the Muslim Brotherhood from Wadi El Natrun, where eight people were killed in riots, and at least eight Hamas militants from Abu Zaabal Prison in Cairo, two of them escaping to Gaza, and two policemen and twelve escaped inmates were killed there many more escaped from Tora Prison in Cairo, close to where 'dozens' of people were killed. Soldiers have been deployed outside of
- Mohamed ElBaradei urges the United States to call for the resignation of President Mubarak. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- International response to the 2011 Egyptian protests:
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia expresses his disapproval of current events in Egypt, to which President of the United States Barack Obama responds that he ampquotunderstandsampquot Abdullah's concerns. (''Arab News'')
- Protesters gather peacefully outside the Egyptian Embassy in Lebanon in support of the current uprising against the Mubarak regime, chanting, ampquotDown with Mubarak!ampquot and ampquotEgypt is an Arab, not a U.S. state!ampquot (''Daily Star'')
- Israel privately worries and is ampquotanxiously monitoringampquot events in Egypt according to the country's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu. (''The Times of India'')
- The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in the Philippines sets aside a P25-million standby fund for Filipinos in Egypt, though the official line is that Filipinos there are safe. Non-government labor organization Migrante-Middle East calls for the immediate evacuation of Filipino workers in Egypt. (''The Philippine Star'')
- Protests from the Egyptian diaspora and supporters occur worldwide. (Ynetnews)
- 2010–2011 Tunisian uprising: Rachid Ghannounchi, leader of the once banned Ennahda party, flies back to the country from London after 22 years in exile following the ousting of President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali. (BBC)
- Thousands of people march in Derry, Northern Ireland, in memory of those killed by British troops in the 1972 Bloody Sunday massacre of civil rights protesters and local bystanders. It is intended to be the final such march after the British government admitted last year that its troops had been responsible for carrying out the Bogside massacre. (BBC)
- A fire in an arms depot of the Anonymous Venezuelan Campaign of Military Industries (CAVIM) in Maracy city of Aragua state killed at least one person and forced authorities to evacuate about 10,000 people. (Xinhua)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards
- The cast of ''The King's Speech'' wins the award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 17th Screen Actors Guild Awards. (''Entertainment Weekly'')
- 1 person is killed and at least 40 others are injured due to an explosion and a fire in Maracay, Aragua. (The Voice of Russia)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 January 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Brescia - Chievo : 0 - 3
- Cagliari - Bari : 2 - 1
- Genoa - Parma : 3 - 1
- Inter - Palermo : 3 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Anderlecht : 0 - 0
- St Truiden - Gent : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - M'gladbach : 0 - 1
- Stuttgart - Freiburg : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Hertha : 1 - 3
- Karlsruhe - Cottbus : 1 - 0
- Union Berlin - Paderborn : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The consensus among the Arab elite at the World Economic Forum was that the protests in Egypt would end the nation’s near monarchical regime. [..]
The takeover gave Comcast a 51 percent control of NBC Universal, including NBC, Universal Pictures and several cable channels. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?