Thursday 30 December 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Newsline.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Car Town or Crackdown 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 30 December 2010 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 December
- Côte d'Ivoire's ambassador to the United Nations, Youssoufou Bamba, says the country is on the ampquotbrink of genocideampquot. (Reuters)
- Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir says the government will withdraw from peace talks with rebels from Darfur unless a deal is reached this week. (Al Jazeera)
- 2 people are killed and 18 others are wounded during bomb attacks on minority Christian homes in various parts of Baghdad. (Al Jazeera)
- An early morning bomb explodes before two courthouses in Athens there are no injuries. (''The New York Times'' via ''Indian Express'')
- A bomb explodes at the Greek Embassy in Buenos Aires there are no injuries. Some windows are broken. (CNN)
- North Korea's state-run television broadcasts its first Western film, ''Bend It Like Beckham''. (''The Guardian'')
- Newly released papers show Gwynfor Evans, former Plaid Cymru MP for Carmarthen, said he would fast to death if the British government did not provide a Welsh language television service. S4C resulted. (BBC)\
- Buckingham Palace announces the birth of Queen Elizabeth II's first great-grandchild, born to Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn. (BBC)
- A diplomatic cable newly released from the British National Archives, dated 1980, claims that Israel would be ampquotready to use their atomic weaponampquot in any further war against its adversaries. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- An international aid convoy from Asia enters Gaza, though Iranian and Jordanian members of the flotilla are denied entry and generators donated by Iran are banned too. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Israeli forces arrest Hamas MP Khalil Ar-Rabai after surrounding his home in the early morning in the southern West Bank town of Yatta. The destruction of family property is also reported. (Press TV)
- The Yemeni government releases at least 428 Houthi northern rebels as part of a ceasefire mediated by Qatar in return for 10 military vehicles. (Al Jazeera)
- Thailand urges Cambodia to release seven of its citizensndashincluding an MPndasharrested after crossing their mutual border. (''The Straits Times'')
- A 19-year-old Uyghur woman, Pezilet Ekber, is sentenced to death following a secret trial, the second Uyghur woman to receive the death penalty on charges of participating in ethnic riots last year. (RFA)
- Former Russian oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky has his prison sentence extended to a total of 14 years after a second conviction. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Israeli President Moshe Katsav is convicted of two counts of rape and other sexual offences by a court in Tel Aviv. (''The Guardian'')
- A major Indian separatist leader, Arabinda Rajkhowa of the United Liberation Front of Asom, is released on bail. (NDTV)
- A court in Thailand jails 79 pro-government ampquotyellow shirtampquot protesters for storming a state television station two years ago. (Reuters)
- Four opposition figures in Belarus are charged with organising riots after demonstrations against the re-election of Alexander Lukashenko. (BBC)
- Anders Hogstrom, a Swedish man, is sentenced to two years and eight months imprisonment after being convicted of orchestrating the theft of Arbeit macht frei from the Auschwitz entry gate last December. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 December 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lokeren - Genk : 2 - 2
- Waregem - Gent : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?