Sunday 30 July 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Bogdanovich and Jean Miot.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1939 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Peter Bogdanovich: American film director who became Hollywood's resident young genius with his breakthrough film, "The Last Picture Show," 1971.
- Jean Miot: French journalist and editorial director for the French daily Le Figaro (1980-1993) and president of Agence France Press (1996-1999).
- Eleanor Smeal: American feminist activist, political analyst, lobbyist, and grassroots organizer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?