Saturday 6 October 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fannie Lou Hamer and Charles Lefort.
All at Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1917 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Fannie Lou Hamer: American civil rights activist (d. 1977).
- Charles Lefort: French journalist who died on 14 June 2001 in Paris.
- Fannie Hamer: American activist and philanthropist (d. 1977).
- The US Trading with the Enemy Act becomes law, giving the US President authority to ban holding of gold and silver coins and other objects.