Wednesday October 17, 1917
US date format: 10/17/1917, UK date format: 17/10/1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 17, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Marsha Hunt and Olive Brasno.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 17, 1917?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- 1st British bombing of Germany
- First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
- Maria J "Marie" Bakker: Actress / Wife of Maarten Stranger, dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 17, 1917?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - Indiana
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - Shenandoah
- Shannon Four - I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time
- Peerless Quartet - I May be gone for a Long, Long Time