Wednesday 17 October 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marsha Hunt and Olive Brasno.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Marsha Hunt: American actress who made her Broadway debut in 1948, had accomplished over 60 films but never achieved major stardom.
- Olive Brasno
- Mose (artist)
- Pierre Spiers: Boulogne sur Mer Musician.
- Adele Chase: American painter and sculptor (d. 2000).
- Sumner Locke Elliott: Australian-born American novelist (d. 1991).
- Norman Leyden: American composer and conductor (d. 2014).
- Sumner Elliott: Australian-American author and playwright (d. 1991).
- Gerrit Boeyen: Dutch cyclist.
- Verne Grant: American scientist, biologist, botanist and author.
- Elli Parvo: Italy Actor.
- Maria J "Marie" Bakker: Actress / Wife of Maarten Stranger, dies at 59.
- 1st British bombing of Germany
- First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I May be gone for a Long, Long Time - Peerless Quartet
- I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time - Shannon Four
- Shenandoah - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Indiana - Original Dixieland Jazz Band