Friday 19 October 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Laurentin and William Blass.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1917 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- René Laurentin: French educator, a Professor at the Catholic University of Angers.
- William Blass: American soldier lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Walter Munk: Austrian-American oceanographer author and academic.
- The Love Field in Dallas, Texas is opened.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I May be gone for a Long, Long Time - Peerless Quartet
- I May be Gone for a Long, Long Time - Shannon Four
- Shenandoah - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Indiana - Original Dixieland Jazz Band