Wednesday 31 October 1917, Halloween
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 31, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Routley and Bobby Bragan.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1917 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Bobby Bragan: Athlete.
- Erik Routley: Composer.
- William Hardy McNeill: Historian (Rise of the West).
- William McNeill: Canadian-American historian author and academic.
- Gordon Steege: Australian soldier and pilot (d. 2013).
- World War I: Battle of Beersheba : ''last successful cavalry charge in history''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye Broadway, hello France - Peerless Quartet
- Nora Bayes - Over There
- 12th Street Rag - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra