Wednesday 30 October 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Feller and Jacques Faizant.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1918 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Robert Feller: MLB pitcher (Red Sox, led AL in strikeouts 7 times).
- Jacques Faizant: French cartoonist, worked as caricaturist for Le Figaro, a French journal.
- Slovakia asks for creation of Czechoslovakian state.
- The Ottoman Empire signs an armistice with the Allies, ending the First World War in the Middle East.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For Your Boy and My Boy - Peerless Quartet
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Prince's Orchestra
- My Old Kentucky Home - Lucy Gates & Columbia Stellar Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?