Saturday 13 October 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laraine Day and Burr Tillstrom.
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1917 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Laraine Day
- Burr Tillstrom: American entertainer, creator of "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" a popular puppet act.
- Denis Forman
- Roberta Young: American astrologer who joined the AFA in September 1977.
- George Osmond: American patriarch of the Osmond family (Born 1917).
- Florence La Badie: American actress (Born 1888).
- Soviet accept establishment of Petrograd Military
- The ''Miracle of the Sun'' is witnessed by an estimated 70,000 people in the Cova da Iria in Fatima, Portugal.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band