Monday 8 October 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Conn and Hans Poser.
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1917 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Hans Poser: Composer.
- Billy Conn: Boxer / actor (Pittsburgh Kid), dies at 75.
- Walter Lord: American historian and author (d. 2002).
- Danny Murtaugh: baseball manager (Pittsburgh Pirates), dies at age 59.
- Rodney Porter: English biochemist and physiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985).
- Trotski named Chairman of Petrograd Soviet
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?