Monday 8 October 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Poser and June Allyson.
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1917 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- June Allyson: Actress.
- Hans Poser: Composer.
- Billy Conn: Boxer / actor (Pittsburgh Kid), dies at 75.
- Walter Lord: American historian and author (d. 2002).
- Danny Murtaugh: baseball manager (Pittsburgh Pirates), dies at age 59.
- Rodney Porter: English biochemist and physiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985).
- Trotski named Chairman of Petrograd Soviet
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band