Monday 8 October 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Conn and Hans Poser.
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1917 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Hans Poser: Composer.
- Billy Conn: Boxer / actor (Pittsburgh Kid), dies at 75.
- Walter Lord: American historian and author (d. 2002).
- Danny Murtaugh: baseball manager (Pittsburgh Pirates), dies at age 59.
- Rodney Porter: English biochemist and physiologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985).
- Trotski named Chairman of Petrograd Soviet
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band