Friday 12 October 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Han Bentz van den Berg and Celaya (Mexico).
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1917 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Han Bentz van den Berg: Dutch actor and theatre director.
- Celaya (Mexico)
- Hans Bentz van den Berg: Dutch actor (Last Train).
- Roque Maspoli: Uruguayan footballer (d. 2004).
- Roque Máspoli: Uruguayan footballer and manager (d. 2004).
- World War I: The First Battle of Passchendaele takes place resulting in the largest single day loss of life in New Zealand history.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band