August 1903 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in August 1903.
The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative).
But much more happened on August 1903: find out below
Which were the important events of August 1903?
- 02 Aug 1903 Unsuccessful uprising of Macedonians against Turkey.
- 04 Aug 1903 Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto of Venice elected Pope Pius X
- 08 Aug 1903 3rd Davis Cup: British Isles beats USA in Boston (4-1)
- 10 Aug 1903 Paris Metro train fire takes place.
- 14 Aug 1903 James J Jeffries KOs James J Corbett in 10 for heavywgt boxing title
- 16 Aug 1903 Tigers play a home game in Toledo Ohio, New York Yankees win 12-8.
- 17 Aug 1903 Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and begins Pulitzer Prizes
- 18 Aug 1903 German engineer Karl Jatho allegedly flies his self-made, motored gliding airplane four months before the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
- 23 Aug 1903 6th Zionist Congres, Theodor Herzl declares Jewish state
- 25 Aug 1903 Judiciary Act passed.
- 26 Aug 1903 Phillies walk 17 Dodgers in a game
- 27 Aug 1903 23rd US Mens Tennis: Hugh L Doherty beats William A Larned (60 63 108)
- 29 Aug 1903 The Russian battleship Slava, the last of the five Borodino-class battleships, is launched.
- 31 Aug 1903 Joe McGinnity wins his third doubleheader of the month.
French musicologist and philosopher (d....
Tunisian statesman who became the...
Austrian-American psychologist and...
- See more
Which were the top hits in August 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bob Roberts - Marriage is Sublime
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - It's a Lovely Day for a Walk
- Bob Roberts - I'm Thinkin' of You All De While
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh On an Automobile