Sunday 16 August 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cornelis Gorter and de L'Estoile.
The Monster, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1903 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Cornelis Gorter: Dutch astrologer and author of "Techniek der astrologie" (= technique of astrology) and "Planetenloop en mensenlot" (= planetary movements and human destiny), textbooks used by many students of astrology in the Netherlands.
- de L'Estoile: Pamiers Military man.
- Jacques Naulleau: Cand? physician.
- Tigers play a home game in Toledo Ohio, New York Yankees win 12-8.