Saturday 8 August 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include August Cool and Jean Volpert.
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1903 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- August Cool: Belgian union leader / Minister of State.
- Jean Volpert: Arras Military man.
- Dayton Lummis: Actor (Moonfire, Flight that Disappeared).
- 3rd Davis Cup: British Isles beats USA in Boston (4-1)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's a Lovely Day for a Walk - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- I'm Thinkin' of You All De While - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?