Saturday August 08, 1903
US date format: 8/8/1903, UK date format: 8/8/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 8, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include August Cool and Jean Volpert.
The Monster, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 08, 1903?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- See more
- 3rd Davis Cup: British Isles beats USA in Boston (4-1)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 08, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - It's a Lovely Day for a Walk
- Bob Roberts - I'm Thinkin' of You All De While