Friday 14 August 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John North and Ronald Stewart.
The Monster, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1903 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- John North: American impresario of one of America’s great traditions, the traveling circus.
- John Ringling North: Circus director (Ringling Bros).
- Ronald Stewart: CEO (London Brick Co).
- Loki Bruckman: Dutch magic realist painter who lived and worked in the Netherlands, the United States, and Mexico.
- Eduardo Mallea: Argentinean author, novelist, short-story writer, essayist.
- Lodewijk Bruckman: Dutch painter and illustrator (d. 1995).
- James J Jeffries KOs James J Corbett in 10 for heavywgt boxing title