Monday 17 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raoul Follereau and Abram Chasins.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1903 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Raoul Follereau: French writer and journalist, creator of the World Day against Leprosy and founder of "Fondation Raoul-Follereau" which fights against leprosy and poverty, and promotes access to education.
- Abram Chasins: Composer.
- Hans Gude: Norwegian-German painter and academic (d. 1903).
- Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and begins Pulitzer Prizes