Monday August 17, 1903
US date format: 8/17/1903, UK date format: 17/8/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Raoul Follereau and Abram Chasins.
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, directed by Laetitia Colombani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 17, 1903?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and begins Pulitzer Prizes
- Hans Gude: Norwegian-German painter and academic...
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 17, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh On an Automobile