Monday 17 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abram Chasins and Raoul Follereau.
Reliance: Shamrock III, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1903 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Abram Chasins: Composer.
- Raoul Follereau: French writer and journalist, creator of the World Day against Leprosy and founder of "Fondation Raoul-Follereau" which fights against leprosy and poverty, and promotes access to education.
- Hans Gude: Norwegian-German painter and academic (d. 1903).
- Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and begins Pulitzer Prizes
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 August 1903
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?