Thursday August 06, 1903
US date format: 8/6/1903, UK date format: 6/8/1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 6, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Noël Le Maresquier and Philip Morse.
The Monster, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 06, 1903?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 06, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - It's a Lovely Day for a Walk
- Bob Roberts - I'm Thinkin' of You All De While