Monday 31 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Jankélévitch and Arthur Godfrey.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1903 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Vladimir Jankélévitch: French musicologist and philosopher (d. 1985).
- Arthur Godfrey: American entertainer, a radio announcer, singer, aviator, farmer, business executive, guitarist and ukulele player, a true renaissance man who cloaked his versatility under the guise of a home-spun good 'ole boy.
- Bernard Lovell: England, United Kingdom -- Radio astronomer, founded Jodrell Bank.
- Claude Clarac: French diplomat, married Annemarie Schwarzenback in 1935.
- Cesar Moro: Peruvian poet and painter.
- Vladimir Jankelevitch: French philosopher (d. 1985).
- Joe McGinnity wins his third doubleheader of the month.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont