Monday 31 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Lovell and Claude Clarac.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1903 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Bernard Lovell: England, United Kingdom -- Radio astronomer, founded Jodrell Bank.
- Claude Clarac: French diplomat, married Annemarie Schwarzenback in 1935.
- Arthur Godfrey: American entertainer, a radio announcer, singer, aviator, farmer, business executive, guitarist and ukulele player, a true renaissance man who cloaked his versatility under the guise of a home-spun good 'ole boy.
- Cesar Moro: Peruvian poet and painter.
- Vladimir Jankelevitch: French philosopher (d. 1985).
- Vladimir Jankélévitch: French musicologist and philosopher (d. 1985)
- Joe McGinnity wins his third doubleheader of the month.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?