Tuesday 25 August 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arpad Elo and Bruno Bettelheim.
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1903 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Arpad Elo: Hungarian-American chess player created the Elo rating system (d. 1992).
- Bruno Bettelheim: Austrian / US psycho-analyst (Uses of Enchantment).
- Judiciary Act passed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh On an Automobile - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?