Saturday 29 August 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Follain and Bruno Bettelheim.
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, directed by Laetitia Colombani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1903 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Jean Follain: France Writer.
- Bruno Bettelheim: Writer.
- Ernst Kreuder: Writer.
- Olive Ann Beech: Aircraft industry executive.
- The Russian battleship Slava, the last of the five Borodino-class battleships, is launched.