Saturday August 29, 1903
US date format: 8/29/1903, UK date format: 29/8/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Follain and Ernst Kreuder.
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, directed by Laetitia Colombani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1903?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
- The Russian battleship Slava, the last of the five Borodino-class battleships, is launched.