October 1910 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in October 1910.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on October 1910: find out below
Which were the important events of October 1910?
- 01 Oct 1910 Explosion at LA Times kills 21
- 02 Oct 1910 Henry Wijnmalen flies to 2,800m altitude (world record)
- 04 Oct 1910 Portugal becomes a republic, King Manuel II flees to England.
- 05 Oct 1910 Portugal overthrows its monarchy and declares itself a republic.
- 06 Oct 1910 Braves beat Philadelphia Phillies 20-7.
- 11 Oct 1910 Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.
- 14 Oct 1910 The English aviator Claude Grahame-White lands his Farman Aircraft biplane on Executive Avenue near the White House in Washington, D.C..
- 15 Oct 1910 Airship America launched from New Jersey in the first attempt to cross the Atlantic by a powered aircraft.
- 18 Oct 1910 Edward Forster publishes Howards End
- 20 Oct 1910 Soccer team KFC forms in Alkmaar
- 22 Oct 1910 Dr. Crippen is convicted at the Old Bailey of poisoning his wife and is subsequently hanged at Pentonville Prison in London.
- 23 Oct 1910 Blanche Scott became 1st woman solo a public airplane flight
- 29 Oct 1910 Bob Simpson of Hamilton Tigers kicks record 11 singles in a game.
Outlaw (Bonnie & Clyde), killed in...
German pro astrologer and occultist, a...
Basketball coach (UCLA-10 national...
- See more
US Poet (Sabine Woman, Great Divide).
Swiss writer / founder (Red Cross,...
Governor of New York (Born 1843).
shot and killed.
- See more
Which were the top hits in October 1910?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Jack Norworth - Back to My Old Home Town
- Harry Macdonough - In the Valley of Yesterday
- Peerless Quartet - Big Bass Viol
- Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan - Tramp! Tramp! Tramp!
- Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison - See the Pale Moon