Tuesday 11 October 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene John Weigel and Francis James Claude Piggott.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1910 ?
- Eugene John Weigel: Composer.
- Francis James Claude Piggott: Soldier.
- Joseph Alsop: American journalist and syndicated newspaper columnist from the 1930s through the 1970s.
- Cahit Arf: Turkish mathematician and academic (d. 1997).
- Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Angel Eyes - Billy Murray & Elida Morris
- The Blarney Stone - Harry Lauder
- See the Pale Moon - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Big Bass Viol - Peerless Quartet