Saturday 8 October 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paulette Dubost and Kirk Alyn.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1910 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paulette Dubost: French actress and centenarian, who appeared in over 250 films and worked with such directors as Marcel Carné, Jean Renoir, Max Ophüls ("Le Plaisir," 1952, and "Lola Montès," 1955) and François Truffaut.
- Kirk Alyn: American actor, a former Broadway chorus boy and vaudeville entertainer when he was cast in the role of the first "Superman," 1948.
- Raymod Gray Lewis: Ontario, Canada -- 4X400 relayer (1932 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Gus Hall: American union organizer and head of the U.S.
- Helmut Kallmeyer: German chemist and soldier (d. 2006).
- Ray Lewis: Canadian runner (d. 2003).