Saturday 8 October 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymod Gray Lewis and Kirk Alyn.
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Max Katherine by Cecil Thurston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1910 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Raymod Gray Lewis: Ontario, Canada -- 4X400 relayer (1932 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Kirk Alyn: American actor, a former Broadway chorus boy and vaudeville entertainer when he was cast in the role of the first "Superman," 1948.
- Paulette Dubost: French actress and centenarian, who appeared in over 250 films and worked with such directors as Marcel Carné, Jean Renoir, Max Ophüls ("Le Plaisir," 1952, and "Lola Montès," 1955) and François Truffaut.
- Gus Hall: American union organizer and head of the U.S.
- Helmut Kallmeyer: German chemist and soldier (d. 2006).
- Ray Lewis: Canadian runner (d. 2003)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of Yesterday - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?