Wednesday 26 October 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John "Cardinal" Krol and Edgard Derouet.
Ansigttyven I, directed by Gunnar Helsengren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Max Katherine by Cecil Thurston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1910 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- John "Cardinal" Krol: Former Archbishop (Philadelphia).
- Edgard Derouet: French poster designer, active from 1933 to 1955.
- John Krol: American Ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal who was a leading conservative who spoke out for nuclear disarmament and helped revamp the Vatican finances.
- Francoia L'Henoret: Plougasnou physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweet Italian Love - Byron G. Harlan
- My Old Kentucky Home - Geraldine Farrar
- Rosa Rosetta - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- I've Got Rings on My Fingers - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?