Wednesday 19 October 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar and Shunkichi Hamada.
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Kingdom of Slender Swords by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1910 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar: Indian-American astrophysicist who, with William A. Fowler, won the 1983 Nobel Prize for Physics for key discoveries that led to the currently accepted theory on the later evolutionary stages of massive stars.
- Shunkichi Hamada: Japanese field hockey player (d. 2009).
- Paul Robert: French lexicographer and publisher (d. 1980).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Angel Eyes - Billy Murray & Elida Morris
- The Blarney Stone - Harry Lauder
- Big Bass Viol - Peerless Quartet
- See the Pale Moon - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?