October 1911 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in October 1911.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on October 1911: find out below
Which were the important events of October 1911?
- 01 Oct 1911 United Dutch Diamond workers get 8-hr day
- 05 Oct 1911 Italian troops occupy Tripoli
- 06 Oct 1911 Beatrix van Rijk becomes 1st licensed Dutch woman pilot
- 09 Oct 1911 An accidental bomb explosion in Hankou, Wuhan, China leads to the ultimate fall of the Qing Empire
- 10 Oct 1911 The Wuchang Uprising leads to the demise of Qing Dynasty, the last Imperial court in China, and the founding of the Republic of China.
- 11 Oct 1911 Ty Cobb (AL) and Frank Schulte (NL) are 1st MVPs, each gets an auto
- 16 Oct 1911 Mexican Revolution: Felix Diaz, nephew of Porfirio Diaz, occupies the port of Veracruz as a sign of rebellion against Madero.
- 19 Oct 1911 Royal Mint in London sends dies for $1 coin to Ottawa Branch
- 20 Oct 1911 Helen Hayes Theater (Folies Bergere) opens at 210 W 46th St, New York City
- 21 Oct 1911 Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta Unions form Western Canada Rugby Football Union
- 23 Oct 1911 First use of aircraft in war: An Italian pilot takes off from Libya to observe Turkish army lines during the Turco-Italian War.
- 24 Oct 1911 Orville Wright remains in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
- 26 Oct 1911 Philadelphia Athletics beat the New York Giants, 4 games to 2 in 8th World Series
- 28 Oct 1911 Bill Dobbie of Calgary Tigers kicks ten singles in a game.
- 30 Oct 1911 Clark Griffith is named manager of Washingston Senators
New Orleans, Louisiana -- Gospel singer...
French member of the Resistance during...
French film, stage and voice actor.
- See more
Which were the top hits in October 1911?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Lyric Quartet - For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely
- Victor Herbert & His Orchestra - Naughty Marietta Selection
- American Quartet - Dance of the Grizzly Bear
- Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson - When You're in Town
- Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson - Save Up Your Kisses for a Rainy Day