Tuesday 24 October 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence M and Paul Gregoire.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1911 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Clarence M: Kelley FBI head.
- Paul Gregoire: French Canadian archbishop of Montreal (d. 1993).
- Raymond Devineaux: French fencing champion.
- Raymond Devineux: France sport Champion.
- Paul Grégoire: Canadian cardinal (d. 1993).
- Sonny Terry: American singer and harmonica player (d. 1986)
- Orville Wright remains in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?