Tuesday 24 October 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sonny Terry and Paul Gregoire.
The Lost Letter, directed by Mikhail Rakovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1911 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Sonny Terry: American singer and harmonica player (d. 1986).
- Clarence M: Kelley FBI head.
- Paul Gregoire: French Canadian archbishop of Montreal (d. 1993).
- Raymond Devineaux: French fencing champion.
- Raymond Devineux: France sport Champion.
- Paul Grégoire: Canadian cardinal (d. 1993).
- Orville Wright remains in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pink Lady Selection - Victor Concert Orchestra
- Down By the Old Mill Stream - Arthur Clough
- In the Land of Harmony - American Quartet