Tuesday 24 October 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sonny Terry and Clarence M.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1911 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Sonny Terry: American singer and harmonica player (d. 1986).
- Clarence M: Kelley FBI head.
- Paul Gregoire: French Canadian archbishop of Montreal (d. 1993).
- Raymond Devineaux: French fencing champion.
- Raymond Devineux: France sport Champion.
- Paul Grégoire: Canadian cardinal (d. 1993).
- Orville Wright remains in the air 9 minutes and 45 seconds in a Wright Glider at Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?