Saturday 28 October 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1911 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 October
- Bill Dobbie of Calgary Tigers kicks ten singles in a game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Pink Lady Selection - Victor Concert Orchestra
- In the Land of Harmony - American Quartet
- Down By the Old Mill Stream - Arthur Clough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?