Sunday 1 October 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aguigui Mouna and Fletcher Knebel.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1911 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Aguigui Mouna
- Fletcher Knebel: American novelist.
- Mouna : French libertarian philosopher, nomad, pacifist, and environmentalist before his time, who often roamed the streets of Paris by bike.
- Richard Torriani: Switzerland -- Took Olympic oath (1948).
- Heinrich Mark: Estonian lawyer and politician 5th Prime Minister of Estonia in exile (d. 2004).
- Irwin Kostal: American songwriter screenwriter and publisher (d. 1994).
- Edward P: Boland (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts).
- Wilhelm Dilthey: German philosopher and social scientist, probably the key figure in the "idealist" tradition of modern social thought.
- United Dutch Diamond workers get 8-hr day
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Naughty Marietta Selection - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely - Lyric Quartet