Friday 13 October 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ulysse Cartonnet and Ticker Freeman.
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1911 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Ticker Freeman: Paterson, New Jersey -- Pianist (Dinah Shore Show).
- Ulysse Cartonnet: French champion swimmer, who won bronze in the 200m breaststroke at the 1932 Summer Olympics, Los Angeles.
- André Jeanson: French trade unionist, vice-chairman of the CFTC and president of the CFDT.
- Jens Von der Lippe: Norwegian ceramist, non-fiction writer, and educator.
- Pierre Lenoir: St-Mihiel Military man.
- Ashok Kumar: Indian actor singer and producer (d. 2001).
- Millosh Nikolla: Albanian poet and author (d. 1938).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance of the Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?