Friday 6 October 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1911 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 October
- Beatrix van Rijk becomes 1st licensed Dutch woman pilot
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Naughty Marietta Selection - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- For Every Boy Who's Lonely, There's a Girl Who's Lonely - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?