Saturday 21 October 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Robinson in McAlester and Mary Blair.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1911 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Mary Robinson in McAlester: Oklahoma, USA; Disney artist (It's a Small World), worked on Disney animation and live films, and parks, named Disney Legend in 1991.
- Mary Blair: American illustrator and animator (d. 1978).
- Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta Unions form Western Canada Rugby Football Union
- RS Hichens and M Hudsons Garden of Allah, premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?