Saturday 7 October 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vaughn Monroe and Charles Ehrmann.
A Tale of the Australian Bush, directed by Gaston Mervale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Iron Woman by Margaret Deland was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1911 ?
- Vaughn Monroe: American singer, musician and bandleader of the ‘40s.
- Charles Ehrmann
- George Lennon: Scottish physician, a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and author of "Diagnosis in Clinical Obstetrics," Married, he has two children.
- Joe Jones: Chicago, Illinois -- Drummer.
- Shura Cherkassky: Ukrainian classical pianist (d. 1995).
- Jo Jones: American drummer (d. 1985).
- John Hughlings Jackson: English neurologist (Born 1835).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance of the Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?