Thursday 1 December 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Pygmalion, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1938 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Sandy Nelson in Santa Monica: California, USA; 1950s rocker (Teen Beat, "All Night Long").
- Sandy Nelson: American drummer.
- Édouard Brézin: French theoretical physicist.
- School bus and train collide in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Slovakia granted the status of an autonomous state under the Catholic priest Fr. Joseph Tiso
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- F.D.R. Jones - Ella Fitzgerald (Chick Webb Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?