Saturday 2 August 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Patricia by Perez Prado and His Orchestra.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1958 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Arshad Ayub: Indian cricketer and manager.
- Shō Hayami: Japanese voice actor and singer.
- Sirpa Viljamaa: Finnish beauty queen, miss finland 1980; intensive medical treatments 1991.
- Jordan and Iraq disolve their Arab Federation, after 3 months
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 August 1958 and get them!