Saturday 4 July 2009, US Independence Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil or Buzz!: Brain of the World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 4 July 2009 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 July
- Drake Levin: American rock musician (Born 1946).
- Lasse Stromstedt: Swedish writer (Born 1935).
- Jean-Baptiste Tati Loutard: Congolese politician (Born 1938).
- Jim Chapin: American drummer (Born 1919).
- Brenda Joyce: American actress (Born 1917).
- The Statue of Liberty's crown reopens to the public after 8 years, due to security reasons following the World Trade Center attacks.
- The Cherokee County killer claims his fifth victim in South Carolina, USA. (CNN)
- Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Micheál Martin, calls for the immediate release of two aid workers who were kidnapped in Sudan's Darfur region. (RTÉ)
- Bishop of Rochester Michael Nazir-Ali calls on homosexuals to ampquotrepent and be changedampquot and says the Church of England will not be ampquotrolled over by cultureampquot. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- North Korea test fires seven more missiles into the Sea of Japan. (Xinhua)
- Torrential rain forces over 150,000 people from their homes, topples hundreds of houses and punches a hole in the spillway of a dam in southern China. (IOL)
- The United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is denied access to meet detained National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi while on a visit to Burma. (''Bangkok Post'')
- 12 militants are killed in an air raid in northwestern Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- Nine Chechen policeman are killed after their vehicle is attacked in neighbouring Ingushetia, southern Russia. (''The Hindu'')
- The Iranian state-owned newspaper ''Kayhan'' calls for Mir-Hossein Mousavi to stand trial. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- 35 people are arrested in Mazandran, northern Iran, during post-election protests. (Press TV)
- Serena Williams wins the women's singles at the 2009 Wimbledon Championships after defeating her sister, Venus Williams. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Three people die as a result of contracting swine flu in New Zealand, the country's first flu deaths. (''The Irish Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?